New Service Request

Whether you are an existing property owner, new to western Carteret County, or researching the area, we would like to welcome you!
We pride ourselves in providing the utmost quality service to our customers and a high-quality water supply. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our service, contact us!  We will always welcome your suggestions.



  • Applications can be completed in our office or through our website.
  • Color copies of Driver's Licenses should be included with your application.    
  • When completing your application online, we suggest that you still contact our office to schedule your service date and provide other details that may be needed.
    • We strongly suggest that you save a copy of your application for your records.
    • Please allow 1 business day for an emailed confirmation that your application has been received.  If you do not receive a response within that time frame, please contact our office at (252) 393-1515.
    • WCWC prefers applications to be received between 1-4 business days before the effective date of service. Applications submitted over 10 business days before the effective date cannot be processed. Same day service fees may apply.
  • For new taps, the meter will need to be located, using a flag provided by our office. (Contact the office for additional instructions)
  • WCWC respects our members' privacy.  As such, we do not discuss account information with anyone other than the account holder(s). Therefore, we suggest establishing a joint account when applicable.  (Another option is to provide a notarized statement giving our company permission to discuss account issues with a designated person.)


Because WCWC bills for water usage after the service (water) is received, we are extending credit to our account holders.  As such, we will run a utility credit check upon receiving a request for service (completed application).  The purpose of the credit check is to review your credit rating with other utilities, which determines your deposit amount. (This does not reflect as a "credit hit" on your credit reporting history.) A social security number is required for the utility credit check. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR ENTIRE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER.  However, a security deposit will be required if the utility check cannot be preformed. (We will still use the last four-digits of your social security number in order to verify your identification in the future.)  Social security numbers are not just used for identification purposes.  If you close your account and we owe you a refund, but we do not have a good forwarding address, your money will be sent to the state.  In order for the state to hold the money for you, we must provide them with your social security number and other pertinent information.  For this reason, it is important to keep WCWC updated on any information changes you may have (phone number, address, etc.).


Deposits are based on utility credit check history, previous account history, and/or ownership status. Deposits range from $100-$175 for residential properties and are generally required to paid in cash, money order, or certified check; however, due to COVID-19, we are also currently accepting Visa, MasterCard, or Discover for deposits.  

  • Deposits are eligible for refund as a credit to your account after 12 billing cycles with no late payments.  If, after receiving a refund, the account holder becomes past due to the point of interruption, a new deposit may be imposed, and the 12-month review period will begin again.  The same applies for accounts where the deposit has been waived initially.